Monday, April 19, 2010

Honda City Cars

The launch of the Honda City MMC by Honda Malaysia in October was unusual in that it was the first launch where the event for media test-drive was conducted on the following day immediately after the launching event. It was actually very good timing as it allowed me to get an almost immediate overall impression of the City MMC including how it drives and rides, rather than just an impression of its looks as with the previous model launches. This then is my short report of that test-drive event.

Throughout this article, readers should bear in mind that this test-drive can at best only offer a brief initial impression of the MMC'ed City. A more complete test-drive can only be conducted after I have a chance to borrow the car for a longer period, typically over a weekend. Also, during the actual test-drive, I have not yet had the full knowledge of what the R&D engineers have done to the car. This coupled with the brevity of the test-drive means that only glaring differences were obvious. In addition, through interactions with City owners, I also had a small checklist of things, owners concerns if you will, about the original City and this checklist was my primary focus during the test-drive. So throughout this article, the most important point I must emphasize to the reader is that because of its short-duration nature and also the fact that the cars I test-drove were brand new (they are most definitely NOT run-in yet), whatever impressions I gathered, both positive and negative, are definitely subjected to change and/or confirmation when I have the chance to do the proper review in the future.

Honda City
Honda City
Honda City
Honda City
Honda City

No comments:

Post a Comment